Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This elegant, delicious dressing is served at the Dorchester Hotel (one of London's most expensive). Stilton is a lovely English blue-veined cheese. Bleu cheese is an acceptable substitute.
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 large hard-boiled egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese
- In a small saucepan bring broth to a boil and add onion.
- Remove pan from heat and steep mixture 10 minutes.
- Pour liquid through a sieve into a blender and discard onion.
- Add egg yolk, mustard, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until emulsified.
- Crumble Stilton.
- With motor off, add Stilton and then blend until very smooth.
- Pour dressing through a sieve into a bowl.
- Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
Absolutely wonderful. Thanks