Recipe by twissis
From a newsletter I get regularly from grandparents.com, this recipe was described as "A little bite of cheese, a little bite of sweetness, a little bite of crispy & a whole lot of delicious". Just when you think dips have about used up all their originality, along comes a recipe like this to convince you otherwise. (Time includes 5 min to crisp the bacon while you prepare the dates) *Enjoy* !
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Fantastic dip and a great way to show off Stilton. I think I'd better start subscribing to that newsletter. Do I have to wait until I'm a grandma? Chilled and then served at room temp.
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese (or best-quality blue cheese, room temp, crumbled)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 dash salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 -5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup dates (seeded & sml-diced)
- 8 slices bacon (thick slice preferred, crisp-fried, crumbled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer (blender or hand-held blender), combine both cheeses w/salt & pepper.
- When blended, add cream until dip reaches desired consistency.
- Fold in dates & bacon. Serve w/dippers and/or crackers of choice.
- NOTE: Altho the recipe did not suggest this, I feel a chill time to allow the flavor to develop would be ideal . & . I think this would be best if allowed to approach room temp b4 being served. My thoughts, but your choices. :-).