This is a very strong Blue cheese sauce that goes very well on Aged Angus Rib Eye steaks that have been crusted with pepper before being grilled. It is not for the faint of heart, or people who like mild (subtle) flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shave or crumble about 1- 1 1/2 CUPS of the Blue cheese into a small heavy sauce pan.
- 2Add about 1/4 cup Hellman's full fat mayonnaise. (This is the emumiant that keeps everything together).
- 3I add a LOT (a full teaspoon) of pepper, I grind it right into the pan. Fresh really makes a difference.
- 4Add salt to taste (I don't use any if I use the rind of the cheese as it is often hardened with salt).
- 5Warm the pan slowly while constantly stirring. It will melt, don't give up.
- 6If you heat it too fast, or don't still it will separate.
- 7The mayo will forgive some sins, but not many, so stir!
- 8This will make a THICK sauce.
- 9More mayo will thin it some.
- 10Milk can thin it if it is too strong.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stilton (Blue Cheese) Steak Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 810.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g