Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very strong Blue cheese sauce that goes very well on Aged Angus Rib Eye steaks that have been crusted with pepper before being grilled. It is not for the faint of heart, or people who like mild (subtle) flavors.
- Shave or crumble about 1- 1 1/2 CUPS of the Blue cheese into a small heavy sauce pan.
- Add about 1/4 cup Hellman's full fat mayonnaise. (This is the emumiant that keeps everything together).
- I add a LOT (a full teaspoon) of pepper, I grind it right into the pan. Fresh really makes a difference.
- Add salt to taste (I don't use any if I use the rind of the cheese as it is often hardened with salt).
- Warm the pan slowly while constantly stirring. It will melt, don't give up.
- If you heat it too fast, or don't still it will separate.
- The mayo will forgive some sins, but not many, so stir!
- This will make a THICK sauce.
- More mayo will thin it some.
- Milk can thin it if it is too strong.