Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy hors d'ouevre.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into bits
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled fine
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- In a small saucepan combine water, butter and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce to moderate, add flour all at once, and with a wooden spoon beat mixture until it pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and stir in Stilton, bacon and scallion.
- Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400F (220C) and place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter 2 inches apart onto lightly-greased baking sheets and bake puffs for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden.
Really good, these are like cream puffs only savory! Great recipe Evelyn, thanks...Kitten:)