Stilton, Bacon and Scallion Puffs
- In a small saucepan combine water, butter and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce to moderate, add flour all at once, and with a wooden spoon beat mixture until it pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and stir in Stilton, bacon and scallion.
- Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400F (220C) and place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter 2 inches apart onto lightly-greased baking sheets and bake puffs for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden.