Recipe by Manami
The strong flavours in the Stilton and bacon give this easy recipe an elaborate feel. It is served in England, but gets it's flavors from the Italian and French. In England, they serve it with "streaky bacon" which if I understand correctly, is an even fattier cut of bacon. Please correct me if I am wrong. Found this on the Stilton cheese site.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 lb baby button mushroom, halved
- 12 slices bacon or 12 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces stilton blue cheese, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup double cream
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh chives, snipped
- 3 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375ºF.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions, mushrooms and bacon together until browned.
- Share between four (sprayed with cooking spray) ramekin dishes or a small souffle dish.
- Beat the Stilton together with the cream cheese and cream and stir in most of the
- chives, reserving a few for a garnish.
- Season and spoon over the top of the mushroom.
- Toss the breadcrumbs in the paprika and sprinkle over the top of the Stilton.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
- Serve hot with small slices of toasted French bread or endive leaves.