- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 8 ounces watercress
- 5 ounces Stilton cheese or 5 ounces other blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the stock and bring almost to a boil.
- Remove tough stems and stalks from the watercress, and discard.
- Add cress to stock, and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Crumble the cheese into the pan and simmer for 1 minute--until cheese has begun to melt.
- Process the soup, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, and stir in the cream.
- Check seasoning, to see if salt is needed.
- Heat the soup, but do not boil.