Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Light and pretty with a nice peppery taste. By Joanna Farrow.
Make and share this Stilton and Watercress Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Pour the stock and bring almost to a boil.
- Remove tough stems and stalks from the watercress, and discard.
- Add cress to stock, and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Crumble the cheese into the pan and simmer for 1 minute--until cheese has begun to melt.
- Process the soup, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, and stir in the cream.
- Check seasoning, to see if salt is needed.
- Heat the soup, but do not boil.