Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Food for Thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School. I love salads like this.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups red and green lettuce
- 1 large red bartlett pear, cored, cut lenghtwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss the lettuce with half the dressing and divide among 4 plates.
- Arrange pear slices decoratively on top.
- Divide stilton and nuts among the salads and drizzle with the remaining dressing.