Pesto lover's Note:
From thebritishshoppe.com. Nice for lunch, with a salad. Stilton cheese can be found at Trader Joes. I like the one with cranberries and I think it would be especially good in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Mix flour and salt together. With your fingers, mix in butter that is at room temperature until crumbly.
- 3Press into bottom of 8" or 9" tart pan with removable bottom. Prick holes in bottom of pastry with a fork.
- 4Blind bake for 5 minute Remove from oven and let cool.
- 5Turn oven down to 350°F.
- 6Sprinkle crumbled stilton into cooled pastry shell.
- 7Place sliced pear over stilton, in a spoke pattern.
- 8Beat eggs and then beat in the half and half.
- 9Pour egg mixture over the pears and stilton until the tart pan is almost full.
- 10Bake for 30-40 min or until set.
- 11Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stilton and Fresh Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3077.1
- Calories from Fat 1821
- Total Fat 202.3 g
- Saturated Fat 122.9 g
- Cholesterol 1137.9 mg
- Sodium 5295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 99.7 g