Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious smooth tasting soup with a wonderful cheesy flavor. I have never tried making this before and not finding a recipe that truly suited me I decided to experiment using some leeks and celery as well, in other words what I had in the fridge at the time, I was surprised (to be honest) how nice it tasted - hope that you enjoy it as much as we did and by the way it freezes well
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced -white part only
- 1 potato, small dice
- 1 knob butter
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 150 -200 g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- salt and black pepper
- heat oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, cook on slow heat until soft.
- add the celery, leek and butter, stir until hot - turn off the heat then put lid on for a few minutes Pour in the stock and add thick stems of the broccoli, cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the remainder of the broccoli and cook for another 5-6 minutes. let it cool slightly and place in blender, return to the pan heating it back up and add the stilton stirring in the salt and pepper.
- N.B: the more vintage the cheese 150 grams is fine, otherwise add extra.