Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The only thing I love more than barbecue sauce is Jack Daniels...combine the two and I'm in heaven. This sassy little sauce works brushed onto ribs, chicken or pork...don't forget to serve some on the side too.
- 1 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, until slightly thickened ( about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Brush onto meat during the last ten minutes of cooking.
- Will keep for several months in the fridge.
This bbq sauce is one of the best I made. I used it to baste some steaks. Thanks Noo :) Made for PRMR tag game
A perfect BBQ sauce with depth of flavor and a sassy kick! It was so easy. After it cooked down, the Jack Daniels flavor was not as prominent. This had some sweetness, but not too much. This goes on the short list, thank you for sharing this recipe, Noo. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
I whipped this up last night...at first my thoughts were...boy this sure taste like whiskey...but after it set overnight I found the most delicious bbq sauce...hubby an I both enjoyed some on our hamburgers at lunch today...I cut the recipe down to 1 cup...and it fit perfectly in my little decanter...thanks for posting it...:)