Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty tuna salad which is easy to prepare. I frequently make it during the Summer for a light supper, after a day at the pool. Also works well for picnics. Amounts given are estimates, I usually prepare this "by taste".
- 184.27 g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 226.79 g cooked elbow macaroni or 226.79 g small shell pasta, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 1 medium vidalia onion, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped or minced celery
- 59.14 ml chopped sweet red peppers or 59.14 ml green bell pepper
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well to blend.
- If salad is too dry, add more mayonnaise.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Chill well before serving.
- Note: If you are going to triple the recipe, only use 1 hard boiled egg per can of tuna.
This was a delicious light supper! I left out the onions and the pepper as DH was out of town and he is the onion and pepper guy. I added a few grape tomatoes cut in half for a little color and there you have it!! A beautiful salad fit for a queen! Thank you for a new summertime favorite, Dee!
Made this salad with rotini pasta, and green onions instead of vidalia. Fantastic,quick,easy and wonderful to have on a hot day.I served it with an assortment of cold meats, bread, lettuce and tomatoes.
This is a good dinner for a hot summer day! The only thing I did differently was to add half a tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning to the mayonnaise to spice it up a little, and I used radiatori pasta for a little extra texture. It was excellent. Thanks for this recipe, dee, it's a keeper! :o)