Top Review by moose_kristi
This was super easy & so delicious! I love Greek food but can't get it where we live, so I was so happy to find this recipe! I made it with brown rice, some garlic herb flat bread and tzatziki dip. Made a wonderful meal with very little effort! Definitely a keeper!
- 1 (425 g) diced tomatoes
- 125 ml red wine vinegar
- 125 ml beef stock
- 90 ml olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cm orange zest, long strip
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 900 g beef chuck, cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450 g white pearl onions, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, vinegar, stock, 50 mls olive oil, garlic, cinnamon stick, orange zest, honey, bay leaf and cumin in a large casserole pot with a lid.
- Stir through the beef until coated and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add onions and sugar and cook until browned.
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C.
- Add onions to marinated beef and cover.
- Cook for 2 ½- 3 hours until tender.