Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3⁄4 cup soft dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Put the sugar, syrup and butter in a pan and slowly bring to the boil, allowing the butter to melt and the sugar to dissolve.
- Let the mixture bubble for a couple of minutes before carefully adding the cream.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick, sticky and glossy.
- Serve with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Deeelicious! I made this to top a Sticky Toffee Pudding that I'm giving to a friend. I goofed on the STP recipe and chose one that uses powdered sugar instead of brown sugar. I'm counting on this yummy sauce to add the richness and the sweetness that I love about STP. I poured about 1 cup over the finished pudding and stuck it under the broiler for a minute or so, and I'll include the rest of the sauce in my gift for spooning on at serving time. JenPo is right - this would be the best thing to happen to vanilla ice cream! Yum!! Thanks, Tigerlily and Nigella!
This is the best thing that ever happened to ice cream, I think. I halved the recipe for 2 of us. I would have eaten even more (probably made myself ill on it) had we not run out.