1/1 Photo of Sticky Toffee Pudding Cakes
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe came from the R.S.V.P section of a Bon Appetit magazine. It is a recipe from the "Sweet Basil" restaurant in Vail and is to die for! Plan ahead as it is best started the day before you need them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1For the toffee sauce; whisk sugar and butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted.
- 2(mixture will be grainy).
- 3Add cream and boil until mixture coats spoon thickly, whisking constantly, about 10 minutes.
- 4Cool slightly.
- 5Whisk in rum.
- 6(Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving) For cakes; combine dates and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan; boil until dates are soft, about 2 minutes.
- 7Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 8Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- 9Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 10Butter and flour 10 muffin cups from 1 standard 12 cup muffin pan.
- 11Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- 12using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend.
- 13Beat in egg.
- 14Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with date mixture in 2 additions, beating to blend after each addition.
- 15Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- 16Bake cakes until brown and tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 17Cool cakes in pan on rack 10 minutes.
- 18Turn out onto a baking sheet.
- 19Spoon 2 TBS of warm toffee sauce over each warm cake.
- 20Let cool completely.
- 21(Can be made 1 day ahead. cover with foil and refrigerate).
- 22Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 23Reheat cakes on sheet until warm, about 10 minutes.
- 24Put on serving plates.
- 25Drizzle with remaining warm toffee sauce.
- 26Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Toffee Pudding Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 67.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g