2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Beginish Restaurant in Dingle, Ireland
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dates, finely chopped (about 1¼ cups packed)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- powdered confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan.
- 3Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter parchment.
- 4Place the chopped dates in a small bowl; pour 1 cup boiling water over dates and let cool, about 1 hour.
- 5Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl to blend; add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add half of flour and beat to blend.
- 7Add remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition.
- 8Add remaining flour and beat until blended.
- 9Combine instant coffee and baking soda in small bowl.
- 10Pour into date mixture, stirring to dissolve coffee granules.
- 11Add date mixture to batter and beat to blend.
- 12Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 13Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 14Cool pudding until just warm; unmold; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 15Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream (or a scoop of vanilla ice cream per serving) and caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Toffee Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g