Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Unlike most of the sticky toffee puddings feastured on Zaar, this one doesn't have dates in it. From a nameless recipe card in my files.
- 175 g butter, plus extra to grease
- 175 g dark muscovado sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Grease a 1.2 litre/2 pint pudding basin. Heat 50 g butter, 50 g sugar and syrup in a pan over a low heat until smooth. Pour half the sauce into the basin. Reserve remaining sauce. Melt rest of butter and sugar in a heavy-based pan. Remove from heatl. Cool for 10 minutes. Mix in eggs.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in melted mixture and stir until combined. Spoon into basin.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until springy to touch. Run a knife around edge. Carefully turn out onto a large plate. Reheat reserved sauce, pour over the pudding and serve.
- Note: to ensure a smooth sauce, use a heavy saucepan.