1/1 Photo of Sticky Toffee Date Pudding
Traditional favourite. I like to double the sauce as I like it saucy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2Mix the dates and baking soda in a bowl.
- 3Pour boiling water on top and leave until needed.
- 4Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- 5Fold in the sifted flour, stir in the date mixture, and pour into a greased 18cm or 7" square or round cake tin.
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- 7For the sauce: Combine sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for five minutes.
- 8Set aside until ready to serve.
- 9Cut pudding into squares and place each square in the centre of a warm dinner plate.
- 10Pour hot toffee sauce (reheat if neccesary) over each square and serve with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Toffee Date Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 731.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 86.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g