Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Traditional favourite. I like to double the sauce as I like it saucy!
Make and share this Sticky Toffee Date Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the dates and baking soda in a bowl.
- Pour boiling water on top and leave until needed.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the sifted flour, stir in the date mixture, and pour into a greased 18cm or 7" square or round cake tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the sauce: Combine sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for five minutes.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Cut pudding into squares and place each square in the centre of a warm dinner plate.
- Pour hot toffee sauce (reheat if neccesary) over each square and serve with ice cream.
This was a wonderful,tasty treat! The cake was moist and flavourful, even after being in the frige overnight;and the rich toffee sauce was delicious.I served both the cake and sauce warm with vanilla ice cream and it was so good everyone asked for a second serving.This fine recipe has become a family favourite.
Wonderful! This was a lovely sticky toffee pudding, not only for a Christmas dessert, but for all year round. I made this in a 7" x 11" glass baking dish and it turned our beautifully for Christmas dessert. I made it as directed with only one change. Soaking the dates in tea was just something I had read about, so I tried that. Thank you for posting this recipe - it is truly delicious! The rich and decadent sauce I agree must be doubled. It's so good.
Really great and the sauce is delicious. Will be making this again and again.