Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These thighs get a dark golden, sticky coating that is irresistible. Adapted from "The Instant Cook," by Donna Hay.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 large red chili peppers, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil, chili peppers and ginger; cook 1 minute.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes, then increase the heat to high, turn the chicken and cook another 5 minutes, or until it is golden, sticky and cooked through. Watch carefully and adjust the heat so the sauce doesn't burn. Sprinkle with cilantro.