Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve with pork.
Make and share this Sticky Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°; butter a 2 quart casserole; place potatoes in casserole in overlapping layers; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a low boil; decrease heat to low and stir until well blended and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the potatoes, cover, and bake, basting from time to time, until the potatoes are tender, about 50 minutes.
- Let the casserole stand at room temperature about 5 minutes before serving.