Recipe by I'mPat
Just love sticky sweet chilli recipes and well have a fair bit of pork in the freezer, so hoping to try this soon, from recipe+ NOTES - microwave rice is precooked and just needs to be reheated. Replace pork with chicken or firm tofu.
Top Review by duonyte
Big hit. I used a red jalapeno as my chili. As I had no bok choy or basil, I used some regular cabbage and some spinach, which made a very nice color contrast with the red bell pepper/capsicum. Probably used a bit more Thai chili sauce and rice, did not really measure that part of it. Used two pork chops to make about half the recipe. I wish I had some left for lunch tomorrow, oh well.... I had time to do a lot of the prep in the morning, so making this for dinner was a snap.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 350 g pork steaks (scotch steaks cut into 2.5cm pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 chili (fresh long red seeded sliced optional)
- 3 teaspoons ginger (fresh grated)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 red capsicum (small finely chopped)
- 450 g brown rice (90 second microwave packet)
- 370 g bok choy (baby 1 bunch trimmed coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil (leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over moderately high heat and add half the oil and swirl to coat surface and stir fry pork for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, chilli and ginger and stir fry for 1 minutes or until fragrant and then add sauces and stire fry for 1 minute or until pork is cooked and then remove from wok.
- Add remaining oil to wok, heat over high heat and add capsicum and rice and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated and then add the bok choy and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated and then return pork, cooking juices and 1/3 cup of the basil leave to work and stir fry until heated.
- Spoon into shallow serving bowls and serve topped with remaining basil.