Recipe by English_Rose
Stuck for vegetarian barbecue ideas? These deliciously moreish mushroom skewers are sure to be a hit with everyone. This dish also tastes great served with noodles, chargrilled peppers and zucchini. Time does not include marinating.
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 9 ounces shiitake mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms and stir well until they are coated in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the marinade into a small pan and simmer for 1-2 mins until syrupy. Thread the mushrooms on to skewers then cook over hot barbecue coals or griddle or under a hot broiler for about 10 mins, turning frequently and brushing with more of the marinade. Serve hot.