Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A family favorite at the cabin.....
- 907.18 g chicken wings
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml ginger powder
- salt (optional)
- Wash the chicken wings and dry as much as possible.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a deep baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Place in oven or 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and sauce is sticky.
- IMPORTANT: Due to the hot cooked sugar, chicken will be extra hot and easy to burn.
- be careful and let chicken sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
These were good. I made them for our game day party. I cooked them for 1 hour and then put them in the crockpot. My family and friends liked them very much. But, when they say sticky, they mean sticky! Thank you for sharing with us.
Wings are great. Great teriyaki recipe basically. Okay, so it also works when the wings are just about done and then add the sauce and they will coat just great. Yes, put in a deeper pan so the sauce doesn't boil over. And watch them closely so they won't burn but enough for i to coat, get thick and sticky. Omg, they taste so freaking great. I make chicken teriyaki and with beef a lot so this is good. A++
These were just okay. First off, when they say use a deep pan, use a DEEP pan. I used a pyrex baking dish, and the sauce bubbled up and over and now I have a huge, burnt mess in the oven to clean up, but that's partly on me, so I'll forgive that, although I think perhaps some oil in the sauce may have prevented this to some degree. Once done, they were sticky and somewhat edible, but they did have a very burnt taste to them, even though I only cooked for 1 hr rather than the 1.5 hrs. Lots of mess for not that great of wings. Maybe next time I'll just try a slow-cooker method of these, but we didn't love these. Sorry.