Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A family favorite at the cabin.....
Make and share this Sticky Soy Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- salt (optional)
- Wash the chicken wings and dry as much as possible.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a deep baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Place in oven or 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and sauce is sticky.
- IMPORTANT: Due to the hot cooked sugar, chicken will be extra hot and easy to burn.
- be careful and let chicken sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
These were good. I made them for our game day party. I cooked them for 1 hour and then put them in the crockpot. My family and friends liked them very much. But, when they say sticky, they mean sticky! Thank you for sharing with us.
Wings are great. Great teriyaki recipe basically. Okay, so it also works when the wings are just about done and then add the sauce and they will coat just great. Yes, put in a deeper pan so the sauce doesn't boil over. And watch them closely so they won't burn but enough for i to coat, get thick and sticky. Omg, they taste so freaking great. I make chicken teriyaki and with beef a lot so this is good. A++
Excellent but a mess to clean up evendors using Pam beforehand didn't prevent the scrub factor