Recipe by Noo
An Asian inspired burger-just for a change!!
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Try these burgers, they are delicious with a different taste that's a nice change from the ordinary. Watching our carbs, we served them on skinny sandwich rolls, and made a dressing from chili sauce and sour cream that suited them perfectly. I'm popping this right into my Best of 2013 Cookbook and will definitely have them again!!
- 500 g ground lean pork
- 29.58 ml finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 60 ml soy sauce or 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml maple syrup or 14.79 ml honey
- 0.25 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh coriander, leaf
- 14.79 ml sunflower oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- sweet chili sauce, sour cream, shredded lettuce, sliced radish, mustard cress (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pork,peanuts,onions,ginger,zest,1 tbsp soy sauce,2 tsp maple syrup,chilli flakes and coriander into a large bowl,season well with salt and pepper,then mix well using your hands.Shape into 4 patties,cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a tray with baking powder.
- Heat a frypan/chargrill pan over med-high heat.Brush the pan with a little oil and cook the patties for 1-2 mins each side until golden browm.Transfer the patties to the baking tray and bake for a further 8-10 mins,until cooked through.
- Mix the oil with the remaining soy and maple syrup or honey in a small bowl and brush over the patties.
- To serve sandwich each ciabatta with some chilli sauce,sour cream etc and a pattie.