- 1 large garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (green part only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil and lightly oil foil.
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife.
- Transfer garlic paste to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, hoisin, honey, oil and cayenne.
- Add wingettes to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Arrange wingettes in 1 layer in baking pan and roast, turning over once, until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer wingettes to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and scallion.