Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Get ready to lick your fingers clean...Gourmet.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (green part only)
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil and lightly oil foil.
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife.
- Transfer garlic paste to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, hoisin, honey, oil and cayenne.
- Add wingettes to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Arrange wingettes in 1 layer in baking pan and roast, turning over once, until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer wingettes to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and scallion.
This was great. I don't like wings, so I used it on boneless "wings" and it turned out great!
Delicious and easy to make. Subtle flavors that go well together. We doubled the recipe and it worked fine. The only thing I might do different is to let the wings marinade in the sauce a little while to intensify the flavor.
Oh my this is good! I couldn't wait to try this recipe and I wasn't disapointed! All the ingredients blend well together. Love the sesame seeds on these wings. I used 2 cloves of garlic it was just right for us. Mine baked up in 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will be making this again soon for a family gathering coming up soon.