Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick alternative to sesame chicken cooked in the oven! From Relish!Relish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the garlic, salt, soy sauce, hoisin, honey, oil and a pinch of cayenne. Add the chicken tenders to the sauce and turn to coat.
- Arrange the tenders in a single layer on the baking pan, turning over once, until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the toasted sesame seeds and onions and serve.
It was not sticky at all but the taste was really good. I will definitely do it again. Maybe the next time I will cut the chicken tenders and cook them in a skillet. However, I love the taste of the sauce (it was just like the Asian restaurants here). Thanks!
This chicken was not "sticky" at all. All the stickiness burned up on the foil. Just not what I was expecting.
We enjoyed this very much! Made as directed. It wasn't really what I would call sticky but good, none the less. Had with steamed rice and veggies on the side. Served with a little soy sauce on top of all. It was a tasty meal. I think I might try it as an appetizer with wings and little drumsticks for our next football party. Thanks Beth!