Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Lovely as a desert or snack at any time of the day.
- 2 cups sticky rice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 lady finger banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, sliced
- To make the sticky rice, soak 1 cup of rice for two hours in hot water or six hours in cold. Rinse well in a colander, then drain and transfer to a steamer. Steam over pot of boiling water for 25-30 minutes and fluff with a fork to make sure rice is cooked.
- Spread the sticky rice onto a heatproof plate or dish.
- Pour over the peanuts, honey and sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle on the coconut and add the sliced fruit.
- Microwave the dish for 5-6 minutes or place under the grill (moderate heat) until the fruit has softened slightly.
- Dont leave it under the heat for too long or the rice will dry and harden.
- Serve immediately.