Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for dim sum
- 4 cups cooked sticky rice
- 4 lotus leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced cooked chicken
- 5 teaspoons shrimp, shelled and cooked
- 2 teaspoons black mushrooms, cooked and diced
- 1 egg, salted
- Wash the rice several times until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the rice to a heavy pot or electric rice cooker and add the equal amount of water.
- Simmer over low heat allowing the rice to steam for 15 minutes more with the cover on at all times.
- Add sugar, salt, oyster sauce and soy salt to the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Soak lotus leaves thoroughly in boiling water, wash them and spread them out on a table.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread one thin layer of cooked sticky rice on each lotus leaf then add stuffing on top of rice in the centre.
- Cover with another thin layer of sticky rice.
- Fold the lotus leaves inwards and wrap well.
- Steam them in the steamer over high heat for 10 minutes.