Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in fridge.
- 3 lbs side spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut spareribs into single ribs and place in large pot.
- Cover with cold water and bring just to boil.
- Skim off foam.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain well.
- In large resealable freezer bag or bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce,honey, vinegar, sesame oil, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- Add ribs.
- Seal and marinate in fridge for about 4 hours.
- Reservin sauce, place ribs on rack on foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 minutes then brush with 1/2 the sauce.
- Turn and brush with remaining sauce.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.