Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Muffins are a delight, but sticky ones are to die for!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- Combine 4 tablespoons butter and brown sugar until coarsely blended.
- Add the rhubarb.
- Distribute evenly into (12) greased muffin tin.
- Cream softened butter and 1/4 cup sugar, beat in egg.
- Sift together the five dry ingredients.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Stir in orange rind.
- Do not over mix.
- Distribute evenly over the rhubarb and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes, then invert to remove.
- Leaving the muffins up side down so the sticky glaze is now on top.
I didn't have problem with the dough. These muffins are moist. I just wish there was more rhubarb on top. They taste so good. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Tasty, but the dough was hard.