Recipe by currybunny
Another yummy looking noodle dish from AWW for the World Tour - can't wait to try this one!
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
This is an exceptional dish. On the recommendation of another reviewer I doubled the sauce ingredients. I did not have broccoli or baby corn, so I used carrots and zucchini. It adapted very well to the change. I think because I used a sweet Thai sauce it was a little sweeter than normal, so I may reduce the sugar by half next time. Thanks for the recipe.
- 500 g hokkien noodles
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g broccoli, chopped coarsely
- 200 g baby corn, halved lenghtways
- 600 g lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
Directions See How It's Made
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water; seperate noodles with fork and drain.
- Cut carrots into thin strips.
- Heat half the oil in wok and stir fry onion and garlic til onion softens. Add carrot, broccoli and corn, stir fry until just tender. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir fry pork in batches until browned all over.
- Blend cornflour and sugar with sauces in a small jug. Return veggies to wok with pork and sauce mixture; stir fry til sauce boils and thickens slightly. Add noodles, stir fry til heated through.