Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another yummy looking noodle dish from AWW for the World Tour - can't wait to try this one!
- 500 g hokkien noodles
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g broccoli, chopped coarsely
- 200 g baby corn, halved lenghtways
- 600 g lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water; seperate noodles with fork and drain.
- Cut carrots into thin strips.
- Heat half the oil in wok and stir fry onion and garlic til onion softens. Add carrot, broccoli and corn, stir fry until just tender. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir fry pork in batches until browned all over.
- Blend cornflour and sugar with sauces in a small jug. Return veggies to wok with pork and sauce mixture; stir fry til sauce boils and thickens slightly. Add noodles, stir fry til heated through.
This is an exceptional dish. On the recommendation of another reviewer I doubled the sauce ingredients. I did not have broccoli or baby corn, so I used carrots and zucchini. It adapted very well to the change. I think because I used a sweet Thai sauce it was a little sweeter than normal, so I may reduce the sugar by half next time. Thanks for the recipe.
Quick and easy dish that everyone enjoyed. The three year old loved the flavors of the noodles! I made my own ketjap manis using a TB. dk brown sugar, TB. Water, TB. Soy, teaspoon of molasses and a dash of coriander. Thanks BeckD.
Absolutely loved it, but I did not use the baby corn or broccoli. Rather, I used sugar snap peas, quartered mushrooms & bok choy. Thanks so much for sharing.