Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderful candy popcorn is from Annette B. in my church cookbook. We prefer it made with cashews and Reese's pieces as they have the perfect fall colors. Use seasonally colored M&M's for other holidays. It doesn't get hard like some popcorn recipes and is best eaten the day it is made. This makes lots and is great to give away.
- 5 quarts popped popcorn, with unpopped kernels removed (about 3/4 cup kernels)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's pieces or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- In a very large microwaveable bowl (mine holds 32 cups) combine popcorn, marshmallows, and nuts; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring salt, butter, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil for 3 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla (careful, it boils up a bit).
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stir till popcorn is well coated and marshmallows are melted (microwave if necessary in 30 second intervals) then add candy pieces.
- Eat as is or make into popcorn balls.
I LOVE this recipe! It turned out wonderful and I love the cashews and reeses in it. I have also put mixed nuts in it too. Thanks for sharing. My family loves it!
I cannot believe how fantastic this is! So easy to make and soooooooo yummy! I served it last night, but it's even better this morning! Thank you so much for sharing! This recipe will be used lots and treasured!