Recipe by amesandfires
This wonderful candy popcorn is from Annette B. in my church cookbook. We prefer it made with cashews and Reese's pieces as they have the perfect fall colors. Use seasonally colored M&M's for other holidays. It doesn't get hard like some popcorn recipes and is best eaten the day it is made. This makes lots and is great to give away.
- 5 quarts popped popcorn, with unpopped kernels removed (about 3/4 cup kernels)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's pieces or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large microwaveable bowl (mine holds 32 cups) combine popcorn, marshmallows, and nuts; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring salt, butter, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil for 3 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla (careful, it boils up a bit).
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stir till popcorn is well coated and marshmallows are melted (microwave if necessary in 30 second intervals) then add candy pieces.
- Eat as is or make into popcorn balls.