Recipe by Karen From Colorado
These cupcakes will need an extra-large cupcake pan to hold all the pecans, topping and batter. They are wonderful served warm with ice cream or at room temperature with whipped cream.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 78.07 ml honey
- 158.51 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 354.88 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 large eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray 12 extra large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottoms of the muffin cups with rounds of wax paper or foil cut to fit only the bottoms of the cups; spray with the spray.
- Stir together the butter, honey and brown sugar over medium heat in a saucepan for about 2 minutes or until smooth; remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes with a mixer on medium speed until the mixture thickens and turns a pale color.
- Add the oil, vanilla, and sour cream and beat on low speed; adding the flour mixture a little at a time until a smooth batter has developed.
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the butter, honey and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chopped pecans to the muffin cups.
- Top the pecans with a generous 1/3 cup of the batter.
- Place a foil lined cookie sheet under the muffin pans to catch drips and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes in the pans on a wire rack.
- Loosen the cupcakes from the sides of the pan with a small knife.
- Place the rack on top of the cupcakes and holding pan and rack together, invert the cupcakes onto the rack.
- Remove paper circles.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.