Karen From Colorado's Note:
These cupcakes will need an extra-large cupcake pan to hold all the pecans, topping and batter. They are wonderful served warm with ice cream or at room temperature with whipped cream.
My Private Note
Extra L ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Spray 12 extra large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Line bottoms of the muffin cups with rounds of wax paper or foil cut to fit only the bottoms of the cups; spray with the spray.
- 4Stir together the butter, honey and brown sugar over medium heat in a saucepan for about 2 minutes or until smooth; remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 6Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes with a mixer on medium speed until the mixture thickens and turns a pale color.
- 7Add the oil, vanilla, and sour cream and beat on low speed; adding the flour mixture a little at a time until a smooth batter has developed.
- 8Place about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the butter, honey and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups.
- 9Add 2 tablespoons of the chopped pecans to the muffin cups.
- 10Top the pecans with a generous 1/3 cup of the batter.
- 11Place a foil lined cookie sheet under the muffin pans to catch drips and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- 12Cool 2 minutes in the pans on a wire rack.
- 13Loosen the cupcakes from the sides of the pan with a small knife.
- 14Place the rack on top of the cupcakes and holding pan and rack together, invert the cupcakes onto the rack.
- 15Remove paper circles.
- 16Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Pecan Upside-Down Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1866 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g