Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This muffin recipe was developed as the students in Room A5A were discussing the meaning of the word "Cajun." This muffin goes well with Cajun Yam-Pecan Bisque. Naturally, we served both for Mardi Gras.
Ingredients placed on bottoms of each cup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 18 pecan halves, one in each cup
- 9 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 finely chopped pecans
- Lightly spray the bottom of 18 muffin cups with Pam.
- Place several drops on butter also in each muffin cup.
- Place a pecan half in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir and then divide the batter among the 18 cups for the second layer.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cinnamon, butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans.
- Divide 1/2 the batter among the 18 muffin cups for the third layer.
- With the remaning batter, fill muffin cups equally for the fourth layer.
- Use the remaining filling as a topping (the final layer) Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20 minutes.
- Makes 18 regular sized muffins.