Sticky Orange Coconut Pinwheels
- Prepare one-quarter of the recipe for Granny Foster’s Refrigerator Rolls dough, through step 5.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly butter a 9-inch round glass baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, coconut, and orange zest; set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with melted butter; set aside. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough. Cut into twelve equally sized pie-shaped wedges. Beginning at the wide end of the wedge, roll it up. Arrange wedges in a pinwheel pattern in prepared baking dish. Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle glaze over pinwheels.
- Orange Pinwheel Glaze:.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high, and bring mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes more.