My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted plus more for baking dish)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 orange, zest of
Orange Pinwheel Glaze
- 1Prepare one-quarter of the recipe for Granny Foster’s Refrigerator Rolls dough, through step 5.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly butter a 9-inch round glass baking dish; set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine sugar, coconut, and orange zest; set aside.
- 4Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with melted butter; set aside. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough. Cut into twelve equally sized pie-shaped wedges. Beginning at the wide end of the wedge, roll it up. Arrange wedges in a pinwheel pattern in prepared baking dish. Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 5Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle glaze over pinwheels.
- 6Orange Pinwheel Glaze:.
- 7In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high, and bring mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Orange Coconut Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of