Recipe by Ozzy
These are unbelievable! I love sausage and mash and this is a favorite of mine, the longer you cook it the thicker the sauce gets so cook according to your taste. I have also made this marmalade to eat cold with cheese and crackers instead of a pickle - delish either way.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 12 spring onions, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup merlot (red wine)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 sausages
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausages in a pan then drain and put to one side but keeping warm.
- Melt butter in a pan, then add the onions, spring onions/green onions, and garlic.
- Cook over high heat, stirring, for 10 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add the red wine and vinegar, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add the sausages to the onion marmalade in the pan and coat thoroughly then remove from pan and serve.