Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really easy and simple to make. If you are making this to accompany steak or sausages use the pan you cooked the meat in for extra flavor. The recipe for sticky onions can be found at Sticky Onions If you are vegetarian be careful to use veggie Worcestershire sauce.
- 220 g sticky onions
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- Heat onions in a pan (ideally the one you have cooked you accompanying meat/quorn/tofu in)adding a splash of oil if you wish to a dry pan.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the thyme and gradually add the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes until smooth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, season and serve.