Recipe by English_Rose
Hea;thy and very tasty! For maximum flavour, place the chicken and marinade in the refrigerator and leave overnight. Time does not include marinating. Serve with fresh vegetables or a green salad.
Top Review by 5thCourse
I am so grateful for this recipe! I get tired of chicken, but this has perked it up for me. I think its the lime juice that gives it a slight exotic flavour, used hot chili sauce, and served it with rice. I marinated a couple of drumsticks with the breasts for several hours and it even made its own juice to spoon over the rice. Thanks a million!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
for the marinade
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chicken with the marinade in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve straight from the oven.