Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hea;thy and very tasty! For maximum flavour, place the chicken and marinade in the refrigerator and leave overnight. Time does not include marinating. Serve with fresh vegetables or a green salad.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chicken with the marinade in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve straight from the oven.
I am so grateful for this recipe! I get tired of chicken, but this has perked it up for me. I think its the lime juice that gives it a slight exotic flavour, used hot chili sauce, and served it with rice. I marinated a couple of drumsticks with the breasts for several hours and it even made its own juice to spoon over the rice. Thanks a million!
This made incredibly moist and tender chicken (and I started with the cheap frozen kind from a bag)! I made enough changes that I don't want to give stars: yellow onion rather than red, had to sub for the chili sauce, had to use dried powdered ginger, and added 5 cloves of garlic to the onion. I ended up with 2 days of marinating time because of an unexpected night out. I decided to just saute in a skillet (briefly on high, then low simmer) rather than bake this, and I added some mixed vegetables towards the end. I served this with a green salad and brown rice. I will make this again because of how well the chicken turns out. Thank you.