Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, easy and yummy lunch or snack!!
Make and share this Sticky Onion and Sausage Baguettes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 sausages (Cumberland)
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons demerara sugar
- French baguette, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius or Gas 6.
- Drizzle the honey over the sausages.
- Roast sausages for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the sausages are cooking, finely slice the onion.
- Sizzle onion in a frying pan with the balsamic vinegar and the demerara sugar until soft and sticky.
- Serve the sausages and sticky onion in small baguettes.
Juicy, tangy and sweet - winner. Sausages were very juicy from the roasting, better than frying. We used thick pork sausages, no Cumberland at our butcher! The boys of the house turned their noses up at the onion but I thought it was divine. Served with salad for a lovely quick dinner.
We thought this was a very nice combination of flavors. Loved the honey over the sausages. I didn't have the demerara sugar so used a little brown sugar and that worked well for us. Thanks for sharing Noo. Made for PRMR :)
We really enjoyed these. The type of sausages you use will really make a difference- go for big flavour! I added a little more sugar with the onions- I like them sweet! Such a simple recipe and yet so yummy! Thanks again for yet another great Noo recipe!! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.