Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Sticky Mandarin Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange zest (mandarin rind,finely grated)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar, extra
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin juice
- white sugar, to sprinkle
- mandarin orange zest (mandarin peel, Shredded to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 160°C Grease twelve 1/2 cup (125ml) capacity loaf or friand pans. Place on an oven tray.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add mandarin rind, almond meal, flour, baking powder and yoghurt and stir to combine. Spoon evenly among pans and smooth over. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the extra sugar, lemon and mandarin juice in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until syrup thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Pour evenly over each cake and set aside to cool slightly. Top with sugar and peel to serve.