This came from Gordon Ramsay's book, Fast Food. I found a video of him preparing it on the internet and had to try it. I've made a few changes, substituting some things for what I've had on hand, but it turns out absolutely delicious either way. It can be served with mashed potato or rice, it's very versatile. I like to have a fair bit of sauce to work with, so I don't reduce it as much as suggested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch sea salt & fresh black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, halved horizontally
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (can adjust to taste or preference) or 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (can adjust to taste or preference)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup hot water
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Cut the chicken into large bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken pieces with the garlic and thyme.
- 3Once the chicken has browned, add the red wine vinegar and reduce by half. Add the soy sauce and honey and mix.
- 4Pour in the hot water (adjust volume according to how saucy you would like it to be) and add the lemon slices. Let it simmer and reduce down until syrupy, about 10 minutes or so. By this time the chicken should be cooked.
- 5To serve, sprinkle over some of the reduced sauce and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 601.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sea salt & fresh black pepper