Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Expect a finger lickin' good time with this tangy-sweet family favourite. Sticky honey, tomato and mustard chicken is quick to make and suitable for those on a budget. Kids will be happily licking their chops after this tasty treat. Serve with potato wedges and salad.
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skinless chicken thighs or 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F In a large roasting tin, mix together the honey, Worcestershire or soy sauce, ketchup and mustard. Season to taste.
- Add the chicken and toss well until it's evenly coated, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and bake for another 15 minutes. Spoon off any surface fat from the sauce.
- Turn the chicken over again, add the tomatoes and coat in the sauce. Bake for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked, the tomatoes are tender and the sauce is sticky.
- Serve with potato wedges and salad.
Just did a change to the recipe. Used 2kg of wings and substituted 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce with 2 Tablespoons of extra hot chilli sauce. Gave the wings a nice kick.
Such an easy and very tasty recipe. House smelled lovely while it was cooking and I used thigh fillets. Fiancee has said it's a keeper.