Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
From Tyler Florence Show: Food 911 Episode: Tiki Bar Treats. Submitted to www.recipezaar.com on Feb. 16, 2010.
Top Review by alligirl
The flavoring of these wings is awesome! I made them in my non-stick wok, and cleanup was a cinch. I used frozen wings, soaking in salt water, before the 2 hour dip in the marinade. It took about 15 minutes to cook them, but mine may have been especially big. Made for the Best of 2010 tag game. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Papa D!
- 907.18 g chicken wings
- 236.59 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml honey
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Remove tip and discard; separate each wing at the joint into 2 pieces.
- In a shallow dish combine the soy sauce, ginger, cilantro, garlic, and lemon juice. Add wings and toss well to coat; marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade and pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the olive oil. When the butter stops foaming, add the honey and chicken wings and fry until browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the wings, turning them over often to coat them as the glaze reduces. Cook until the wings are sticky and cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.