Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a recipe booklet by the Dietitians of Canada. Very easy and the kids really like it.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, remove tips
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place wings on a greased baking pan (9 x 13) and bake 20 minutes. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, blend honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Reduce heat to 400°F.
- Bake 40 -45 minutes, turning over the wings twice.
This recipe is a real winner!!! I followed the recipe with great results. I wasn't sure how good wings cooked in the oven would be but this recipe really delivers. If you like wings you'll love to try this one!
Just right ingredients for the sticky wings! Excellent flavor - I baked mine at 375 after marinating the wings in the sauce. The ginger is a nice touch and I added 1/2 tsp cayenne I only made 4 wings but the recipe reduces nicely. Turned the wings 3 times. Lovely served with fresh new carrots & steamed beans
I've been using a different recipe it this one is the recipe I will use from now on...turned out fantastically scrumptious!