1/1 Photo of Sticky Guinness Chicken Wings
This is based on my grandmother's recipe for Pot Roasted Chicken, a sort of fusion dish. It has a definite bite from the pepper and Guinness and is not for the fainthearted *wink* If you prefer something gentler, use half Guiness and half water. The original dish is a mixture of Asian and Western ingredients and cooking methods. This is my lazy version, which was inspired by Buffalo Chicken Wings. It's good with white or buttered rice or pasta or as finger food when you're having drinks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken wings, trim off tip and cut through each wing at the joint
- 10 shallots, peeled and pounded to a fine paste in a pestle and mortar
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons dark soya sauce (not the sweet variety)
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 320 ml Guinness stout
- 1Combine everything except for Guinness in a large bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate about 15 minutes. Drain off marinade and reserve.
- 2Heat 4 tbs oil in a wok or deep pan till smoking hot. Add chicken and stir over high heat till browned. Pour in reserved marinade and continue stirring till sticky. Keep heat high.
- 3Pour in Guinness and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer till liquid evaporates and chicken is cooked through and coated with thick and sticky gravy, but not falling off bones. Stir, scraping bottom and sides often to prevent sticking and scorching.
- 4Serve on it's own or with rice, pasta or mashed potato.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Guinness Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (1328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.7
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 1129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 52.5 g